Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1496pt first list with the new codex.

2 posters

Go down

1496pt first list with the new codex. Empty 1496pt first list with the new codex.

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:34 am

This will be my first list testing the new codex. It feels weird going away from my old stand byes of dual SC Venoms and dual SL War Walkers, but the new availability of cheap Bright Lances everywhere and my own extensively woeful experience with Dark Lances and AT problems :xit seems like it should work. Some of the items are there because I like/own/have painted the models:P.

Attacking units (997)
Autarch +PW                                                                  85

Dire Avengers (9+Wave Serpent w TLBL,SC)                  247

Spiritseer                                                                       70

Wraithguard (5+Wave Serpent wTLBL, SC)                      290

Vypers (2xBL/SC)                                                          140

Crimson Hunter                                                            165
Anvil Units (237)
Wraithlord (2xStarC’s, Wraithglaive)                               165

Rangers (6)                                                                    72
Flanking Units (262)
Windriders (6+2xSC)                                                    122
War Walkers (2XBL’s ea)                                                140

1496pts

Thoughts?
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

1496pt first list with the new codex. Empty Re: 1496pt first list with the new codex.

Post by Maugan Ra Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:12 pm

As a first list to test out all the nice things from the book, I like it. You're covering a lot of the unit entries and should get a good feel for what works and what might be less effective in some circumstances.

Your Spiritseer is going with the Wraithguard, I'm guessing. With the token thing the Spiritseer can place down whatever that unit faces is going to suffer a lot.

I haven't used most of these units, so please tell us how it goes!
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

1496pt first list with the new codex. Empty Re: 1496pt first list with the new codex.

Post by Evil Space Elves Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:48 am

Maugan Ra wrote:Your Spiritseer is going with the Wraithguard, I'm guessing. With the token thing the Spiritseer can place down whatever that unit faces is going to suffer a lot.
Exactly Twisted Evil
The Autarch will ride with the Dire Avengers for survivability/extra punch. The only unit that I find is a little off is the dual Star Cannon Wraithlord. I figured that it would be good to spread a bit of multi-shot S6 AP2 goodness around, though I will probably magnetize these in case I want to chicken out and use more bright lances.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down