Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see?

5 posters

Go down

So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see? Empty So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see?

Post by Evil Space Elves Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:59 am

It appears that we are having some returning formations: Cloudstrike, Seer Council, Court of the Young King/Phoenix Court of Khaine, Windrider Host, and the Sunstorm.

I would ask this: what other formations would you like to see return/disappear into the webway? What new type of formations would you like to see?

Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see? Empty Re: So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see?

Post by Dogmar Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:32 am

Well first off I have no clue about apocalypse. Neither about the rules (except "moar boom") not as to why people like it in the first place. I find the scale to big to get a game in a regular afternoon and also too big to let tactics really matter which turns the whole thing into "throw everything you've got on a table".

Ok rant over: So assuming I'd like it what would I think as cool to field? Mhh, given the Iyanden supplement a wraithformation would be cool, maybe with a special rule that allows them to combine their D-weapons into a big warp rift thing.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see? Empty Re: So, what Apocalypse formations would you like to see?

Post by thejamppa Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:59 am

Hunter Formation of 3 Crimson Hunters and / Or Serpent Formation with 3 Serpents 20 Dire Avengers and 10 Guardians (with both making of storm / defenders included)
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 am

I think a formation like the Dark Olympiad but based around Howling Banshees could be cool. It would be called the Screaming SHrine, or something like that.

Say you have a HQ (The Phoenix Lord or some special named Banshee Exarch) and then you purchase a squad for it to start with at normal price.

Every squad after that would have some sort of points reduction, making them more appealing.

You could have up to four extra squads, maybe.

They would have to start within twelve inches of the HQ's squad, or any suitable range, and then the acrobat rule that they have could be upgraded to four or five inches.

They could also have a single platform that gives the units grenades, but I think that this would have to be expensive to keep them balanced out.

I really love Banshee fluff. It's just a shame about the rules.
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:38 am

Maugan Ra wrote:
I really love Banshee fluff. It's just a shame about the rules.

Me too. I got 28 Banshees of old sculpts and new sculpts. I love the models, I love the fluff but rules... They got nerfed so hard. I wish Acrobatics would have allowed them assault from wave serpent, that would have made them really fluff like and bane of marines.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:48 pm

Personally I'd love to see a Exarch Court for the Autarch. It'd essentially be lesser court of the Phoenix King. Handpicked Exarchs chosen for an Autarch's personal retinue. Its something I always thought about and would love to do just for fun in an Apoc game.

Also there was a formation in spearhead (if I remember correctly) that used vypers to laserlock a target allowing gravtanks to twin-link their weapons, or get tank-hunter or something to that effect. I love idea of Vypers as side-kick vehicles to the bigger gravtanks.

@ thejamppa- Love the Warp Hunter formation idea. As it is they ignore titan void-shields with their d-cannon if I remember correctly. I can only imagine what a formation could do...
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum