Lions of Asuryan- Eldar Corsairs (Allied CW+DE)

Go down

Lions of Asuryan- Eldar Corsairs (Allied CW+DE)

Post by Cavalier on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 pm

Hey guys...here is my army. They are supposed to represent a Corsair army (counts as Eldar/Dark Eldar allies). The fluff is that my  warhost followed him their exiled Autarch into the wilds of space. Over time they amassed many eldar pirates under their banner, even converting kabalite warriors from the darkness. From a modelling perspective I wanted them to feel like Eldar Pirates. While I liked the Forge World corsairs a lot, they didn't have that wild edgy Eldar renegade look I wanted so I decided to do a lot of kitbashing and develop my own look. I hope you guys like em!

Spirit Seer WIP
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Re: Lions of Asuryan- Eldar Corsairs (Allied CW+DE)

Post by Dogmar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:01 am

Hey, Cavalier.

Glad to see you started up your log over here as well. I absolutely love your army. Good choice of colours and nice kitbashes with HE and DE stuff. Painting those gems must have been a pain!
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks Dogmar. And yes it was a pain to paint all those bloody gems. Not going that route when I eventually get my Wraithknight. Also plan on a different painting strategy for the gold. I'm gonna paint up some "veteran" squads, and counts as Warpspiders using the Corsair conversion kit and I'm gonna do Warplock/Ghenna Gold to give a more worn weathered look. It looks great on my Scouring Era Dark Angels, and I'm dying to try it my Eldar so I can just airbrush the entire model red.

Anyway I got a bunch of pure CW (non kitbashed) stuff I'm gonna post, Scorpions, Dire Avengers which came out nice (particularly the Avengers). Stay tuned!
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down