Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maugan Ra's Banshee Kill Team.

3 posters

Go down

Maugan Ra's Banshee Kill Team. Empty Maugan Ra's Banshee Kill Team.

Post by Maugan Ra Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 pm

So, the other day I played my first game of Kill Team with the new Eldar Codex. We played with no FAQ updates and the rules from the GW Kill Team pack:
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2860630a_40K_Kill_Team_Pack_2013_%286%29.pdf

For 200 points I went for quite a simple list, and one that I thought would work well on a 4 by 4 board.

It consisted of
Howling Banshee Exarch - Leader with Feel No Pain.
Howling Banshee - Furious Charge.
Howling Banshee.
Howling Banshee.
Howling Banshee.
Howling Banshee.

Warp Spider - Fleshbane.
Warp Spider.
Warp Spider.
Warp Spider.
Warp Spider.

With this list I faced  Dark Angels tactical Marines with a Razorback (or whichever tank has the nasty cannon on the back)

The Howling Banshees excelled in this game. The small table size combined with the Marines slowly marching forward to claim the constantly moving objectve (house rules explained at the end) made the lack of grenades irrelevant. They stormed forth and sliced open Power Armour after my Spiders had jumped forward and showered the tank in a rain of destruction, popping it in my second turn with AP1 shots.
After a round of getting cut to ribbons by a nasty Heavy Bolter and some rapid fire Bolters, my Banshees joined brawls that their kin had not been able to finish.

When the game ended there was one Marine left on the table, his brothers slain by the daughters of Morai Heg and cut to rbbons by streams of alien fire. When we finished he was stood in combat with the last remaining Banshee and two Warp Spiders.

All in all, it was a great game and I've found a place in 40k for Banshees to fit in. I now have an excuse to buy some! Very Happy

I'm looking to change the list, but I'm not sure how. I want to keep the Banshees, but the Warp Spiders compliment them a lot. Does anybody have any suggestions?

House rule: We had a single objective marker (representing a constantly jumping warp portal) that started in the middle of the table. Once both sides had set up a scatter dice was rolled along with 2D6 to determine distance. if it lands within large blast radius of any model roll a dice. On a one to four nothing happens. On a five and six the marker explodes giving a single strength four hit to any model in range.
If the model is killed a Bloodletter takes its place and must assault the closest model in range. This must be resolved immediately. After this the game continues as normal. The Daemon must remain on the board and continue to move towards and attack the closest model.
At the begining of each player turn a scatter dice is rolled along with 2D6 and the blasting marker/daemon goodness repeats.
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Maugan Ra's Banshee Kill Team. Empty Re: Maugan Ra's Banshee Kill Team.

Post by Evil Space Elves Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:39 am

I'm really going to have to take a look at the Kill Team rules, sounds like a blast! I'm interested to see if using Banshees more in smaller formats like this will help you to develop viable tactics for regular 40k games.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Banshee kill team, sounds lotsa fun. Especially if you have Triskele or Executioner Very Happy
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum