Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 point test list.

5 posters

Go down

1000 point test list.  Empty 1000 point test list.

Post by Maugan Ra Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 am

I looked at my 850 test list and decided that I wasn't happy, so I upped the point total and altered the list completely.

Here's what I'll be using on the weekend:

Autarch.
Banshee Mask.
Warp Jump Generator.
Fusion Gun.
Power Sword.
6 Warp Spiders + 1 Exarch
Powerblades.
T.L Death Spinner 240

6 Jetbikes.
2 Shuriken Cannon. 122

6 Jetbikes.
2 Shuriken Cannon. 122

6 Jetbikes.
2 Shuriken Cannon. 122

8 Striking Scorpions + 1 Exarch
Scorpion’s Claw. 196

8 Striking Scorpions + 1 Exarch
Scorpion’s Claw. 196

Anybody tried out any of these units or have any suggestions/feedback?
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

1000 point test list.  Empty Re: 1000 point test list.

Post by Maugan Ra Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:28 pm

This list worked well for me in a game against Dark Angels last week. I have updated and changed the list to 1250 points and shall be playing it this afternoon.

The previous list had two major weaknesses. The Striking Scorpions aren't overly effective on such a small table and I drastically needed some AT.

So, here' the updated list:

Farseer.
5 Fire Dragons + 1 Exarch                248

7 Warp Spiders.                             133

7 Warp Spiders.                             133

6 Jetbikes.
2 Shuriken Cannon.                        122

6 Jetbikes.
6 Jetbikes.

6 Jetbikes.
2 Shuriken Cannon.                         122

Fire Prism.                                     125

Fire Prism.                                     125
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 am

I had a game over the weekend using Jetbikes and Fire Prisms and have to say the Fire Prisms were fantastic AT, i also ran two, shooting down three battle wagons with my opponent taking full advantage of the heavy terrain too (City fight). Well worth the points in my opinion. 

The Jetbikes kick out some nasty firepower but due to being so close i felt constantly worried i would roll too low for the assault move and be left vulnerable. I used squads of 9 which i felt where too large, i think you got it right with 6 Smile

I also used an Autarch similar to the one from your first list (Jetbike instead of a Warp gen) managed to take out a trukk and a warboss! As well as being a nuisance to my opponent the whole battle ^.^ Although i feel she probably over performed quite a bit lol

Beside a points increase Fire Dragons are pretty much the same and they always performed very well for me in the past.
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm

I completely agree on the success of the Fire Prisms. After playing Dark Eldar for so long it was genuinely wonderful to have something so powerful that could deal with tanks easily along with infantry if needs be.

I feel the problem with the Guardians is that I used them too much for their shooting ability. Yeah, they were alright, but I found them to be most useful in close combat. Sure, they did no damage, but they were very good at tieing up deadly enemy units for a turn. That along with the saturations from the numbers I fileded made them worrisome for my foe. 

Congratulations with the Autarch! I'm going to try him out on a bike for the next game that I play. With the Warp Jump Generator I felt that he was an extremely mobile commander with a great element of fun, too... he missed falling off of the board edge by two inches. I loved it! Very Happy
Warp Spiders are now also one of my favourite units. The number of shots that they put out is just nasty, especially with that monofillament rule.
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:17 am

The Fire Prisms definitely make a nice change from Dark Lances (mine of which always seemed to do nothing lol)

Now that you mention it i had a squad of guardians stuck in combat for a few turns with Ork Nobs, which certainly prevented them from destroying more valuable targets, hmm suicide bikers perhaps? lol :p

Thanks and yeah i had so much fun with the Autarch too Very Happy 

Warp Spiders look really great, powerful and with their movement really fun too. I was worried about their range looking on paper but i guess it wasn't so much of an issue?
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 am

Warp spiders are the most fun unit that I have used so far. If I could build an entire army based around them I would.

Sure, I might utilise them as distractions and so they get shot to death quite early on, but they have made their points cost back every time that I've used them so far! And each time that was against MEQ!
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:07 am

Sounds great I'll have to give the Warp spiders a go this weekend, it is a shame that we didn't get some kind of way to create aspect themed army's like suggested in the rumors :p
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Maugan Ra wrote:
The previous list had two major weaknesses. The Striking Scorpions aren't overly effective on such a small table and I drastically needed some AT.

What wasn't working with the Scorpions and the small table? Were you outflanking or infiltrating? I ask only because I am considering adding a unit once I get my 1500pt list repainted.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I was infiltrating them. I think what I needed was more cover to block line of sight, but my foe was quite spread out, preventing this.

I think if I had them mounted in a Wave Serpent, made them fly up the table, dropped them out behind it where they couldn't get shot, fire the Serpent Shield and then moved the vehicle so that they could charge in they'd be more effective.

Outflanking is probably the way to go on a small table. All my Scorpions managed to do was get shot down by bolters (Other than one Scorpion stripping a hull point before being Eldritch Stormed to death)
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 am

30 warp spiders. Now that might get interesting... Very Happy

I these days almost always include one fire prism. three different fire modes and large blast frying marines?! Yes, please! And it can stay up with rest army (except jetbikes) And with cheaper bright lances we can spam 'em like Dark Eldars can Spam Dark Lances.

you could try putting farseer on Jetbike with mantle of the laughing God Very Happy
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am

Just like ESE I'd like to use scorpions in my list, probably outflanking to annoy the hell out of backfield objective sitters or infiltrating if playing on a terrain heavy table. I figured with an exarch they're quite killy and should be in CC turn 2.

On the list you posted: How did your firedragons perform? I think without a delivery system in form of a waveserpent the 12" melta might not be worth the effort. Thoughts?
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:42 am

Farseer Jetbike with Mantle could be scary! I might try it out next game just to cause a bit of havoc! Very Happy

The Firedragons with the Prescience Farseer worked really well. They started off in cover and poope a rhino turn two before turning their sights towards a nasty Vindicator.

They wrecked the Vindicator and turned to fire at the Marines from the first rhino. They ruined most of them before finally winning the combat in turn six. They earned their points back easily, even if two of them murdered themselves by exploding the Vindicator with Melta Bombs.

They destroyed more than their point's worth, so I was very pleased with them. Obviously it would take a couple more games to get a good grasp of how to use them in a range of situations, but this was a positive experience.
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:51 am

Farseer with Mantle is ridiculous just on a mathematical basis alone. He can shrugg of SO much fire!

Seems like the firedragons proved really useful. I'm afraid that even with 3+ armor they'll get shot before they're in range of something. On a small board that obviously is less of a problem, but still they die easier then marines despite their now upgraded save.

Did you manage to force your opponent to ignore him? Did he make a mistake doing so perceiving them as not so scary? Would you include a wave serpent in the future to get them where you want? after all they can still run and shoot after disembarking.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 am

I find that the main reason for their success was the number of other units I had thrown at my foe. The super-jumpy Warp Spiders can prove to be catastophic when in the right place. They punch holes in the enemy's line and mop up already crippled units.
These got a lot of attention, meaning that what looked like a small and (not overly scary) looking squad was overlooked. It was just a matter of waiting in cover and stiking at the right time.

Next time I would probably deploy them in a Wave Serpent and speed them forward, drop them out the back, use the vehicle for cover and then fly it away so they can shoot whatever needs to be destroyed.
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down