Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar

3 posters

Go down

Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar Empty Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar

Post by Skye26 Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:59 pm

So i have wanted to do a Jetbike Style Eldar Army for like forever, although i really can't stand the crazy ancient go-cart style bikes (3rd Ed?)
I have to say i really did expect to see the Jes sculpt from 06 make it into the new release but sadly we got re-boxed go-carts.

Hey c'est la vie, this lead me to deciding to convert the whole thing, crazy i know but after losing my job i certainly have a lot more time on my hands :p

So i'll get to it, here's my first prototype which is mainly based on the Jes sculpt back in 06 (apologies for my awfully shameful camera)  

Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar Wp_20112
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar Empty Re: Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar

Post by Saintspirit Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Hm - it does look like a nice start, however, I think (as written in the codex) that Craftworld Eldar should have a bit more biological shapes than the reaver jetbikes have. I may be pedantic now, it just feels more like a DE jetbike taken to a craftworld than an usual Wild Rider's jetbike.

Then again, perhaps you were going to rebuild it much more? Because it sure does have potential.
Saintspirit
Saintspirit
The Dolorous Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks for the feedback Smile
I have to say i completely agree in regards to the biological shape, I've wasted so much green stuff making a mess haha (Really I'm terrible with it) annoyingly the thing is i have to factor in the cost of parts, unfortunately i can't afford to be pedantic with another 30 or so of these to make lol 

Maybe making the front smoother like the current Eldar bike? It looks like the harsh lines are what makes it look more DE and less CW

Costs aside i have enough parts lying around to make at least one as i'd like to, which I've been tinkering with today, should have a pic up soon Smile
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saintspirit Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:56 am

Skye26 wrote:Maybe making the front smoother like the current Eldar bike? It looks like the harsh lines are what makes it look more DE and less CW

Exactly, I believe that might look much less DE-like.
Also looking forward to the new one Surprised
Saintspirit
Saintspirit
The Dolorous Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:52 am

I'm not a fantastic painter but here's the Autarch conversion.
Also i'm starting to think about having more of a corsair background to my eldar, still have too much love for the dark kin which i can't let go lol and Corsair seems a happy mid ground :p

Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar Wp_20113
Skye's Sian'Rai Eldar Wp_20114
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Maugan Ra Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:10 am

I like this conversion!

This looks like a promising start! I look foraed to seeing the rest of your corsairs. Smile
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye26 Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:11 am

Thanks a bunch ^.^

May be a while before i get some more done, plastic Mr men parts are expensive lol Sad
Skye26
Skye26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down