Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem?

3 posters

Go down

Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem? Empty Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem?

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:45 am

Just purchased one of these fantastic models last night and noticed that the opening in the body is too small for the stand to slide in?Mad Has anyone else had this problem? I also have a DE Razorwing fighter that I painted and did not have to modify the opening. I suppose that I will have to route it out a bit with the Dremel and was curious if anyone else had this problem.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem? Empty Re: Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem?

Post by thejamppa Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 am

I had similar problem in my Razorwing and Nephilim. Was tight fit. I took bit off the stand and shaped it bit and now both fliers go nicely. My friend has 2 Stormtalons one had same problem, one was perfectly fine.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem? Empty Re: Crimson Hunter/Hemlock stand opening problem?

Post by Evil Space Elves Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 am

Mine literally won't fit at all. I'm going to Dremel the opening in the body a bit. I don't have experience with the clear plastic of the flying stand and don't want to break it using a rotary tool :evil:I hadn't heard of people having problems with other flyers, but am glad to hear that I'm not crazy! Thank you.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:19 am

you're very welcome. Clear plastic is more brittle but using file is recomended. Rotary tools might crack clear plastic.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am

By all means, do NOT dremel the clear plastic stand. Even if it doesn't crack (which I suppose it would) it is a lot harder than the plastic the models are made of, thus harder to work with. No matter with what tool you work on that clear plastic it will most likely turn foggy and you probably don't want that foggy part to accidentally peek out under the flyer when you filed away just that tiny bit too much.

Some advice for dremeling the x-shaped hole in the model. Use a fine gradient since the dremel has such a high frequency that you can quickly file off too much. Especially when the plastic gets hot due to friction you have to be very careful.

I'm sure you knew that, but a reminder can't be too bad I suppose, I learned this the hard way, though not with a warhammer model.

As for the flying stand not fitting in the first place. I've heard that happens a lot with FW stuff but never heard anyone complain about a plastic flyer from GW - suppose that  was bad luck. Maybe the sprue was still sort of bendy when they took it out of the mold or something.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:44 am

Dogmar wrote:
As for the flying stand not fitting in the first place. I've heard that happens a lot with FW stuff but never heard anyone complain about a plastic flyer from GW - suppose that  was bad luck.
If not for bad luck, I would have none at all Razz
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum