Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?)

+3
thejamppa
Maugan Ra
Evil Space Elves
7 posters

Go down

ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) Empty ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?)

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

The new codex has lured me away from the dark kin and re-motivated me to repaint my Eldar. The Iybraesil craftworld scheme best matches the paint scheme of my Corsairs(FW list) and the  fluff intrigues me. I like the idea of a craftworld that is obsessed with retrieving objects from the crone worlds in the hope of restoring Eldar to their former glory. Such an obsession could lead to desperate and questionable alliances (insert Corsairs and Dark Eldar) and would allow me to use some of my Corsair models as "counts as" GJB and Guardians while giving me whatever excuse to use my Dark Eldar models as allies(not going to lie, my main love  Twisted Evil)
Corsair WIP shots:
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2012-08-14_21-39-26_542
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2012-11-07_10-30-13_128
Autarch/Corsair Prince
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2012-11-29_21-12-44_969
Rangers:
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2012-12-16_08-37-32_511

This is more or less where I'm starting from. My previous Eldar army was painted in a scheme similar to Yriel's paint scheme mixed with the old RT paint scheme from back in the day.(Black armor with yellow helmets/accents with black tiger stripes) I have stripped most of them and have begun repainting. Currently I am working on the other three Rangers for the unit, a Spiritseer, and just assembled a Crimson Hunter that I will try to get some paint on before Sunday when I will have to go into a cleaning frenzy about the house(my wife has been out of the country on a work trip for 3 weeks...it has gotten ugly around the house:P) I'll post progress picks as progress is made!
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) Empty Re: ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?)

Post by Maugan Ra Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 pm

First of all, I have been a fan of your project log over on TDC for a long time, so I am extremely glad to see you posting your Eldar stuff over here.
Second, I'm still in awe every time I see them, so that's a very good sign. Those Rangers are beautiful, the Corsair Prince is really nicely done and the scheme works extremely well for the vehicles.

I am greatly looking forward to seeing what else you are adding to your army. Smile
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) Empty Re: ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?)

Post by Evil Space Elves Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 am

Spiritseer WIP shot:
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) Spiritseer%2520WIP
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 am

Beautiful work. very nice fade efect in those tanks. And that Corsair with EML: Stunning!
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:04 am

Spiritseer done:
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2013-06-28_16-18-27_249
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) 2013-06-28_16-19-29_232
Might have to work on a Wraithlord next to guy with this guy...
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Saintspirit Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:54 pm

I dig very much. Keep it up!
Saintspirit
Saintspirit
The Dolorous Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Great looking stuff keep it coming! I like how you've tied your CWE/Corsairs with your DE paint scheme.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:43 am

Dogmar wrote: I like how you've tied your CWE/Corsairs with your DE paint scheme.
I really wanted to tie my Corsairs and CWE together as I felt that my Corsairs should be more of a radical and less-restricted extension of the Iybraesil Craftworld trying to retrieve artifacts from the crone worlds. I plan on using DE allies while I get my CWE painted up AND I am lazy when it comes to color palette choices Razz 
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:33 am

Never change a running system applies here, I guess Very Happy. Really good work. I personally plan to distinguish my CWE from my DE quite radically, since I'm absolutely tired of painting turquoise Razz Couldn't come up with a good theme though. Is there a good source of Eldar fluff (Craftworld and Corsair?) - other than the codex obviously.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:57 am

Honestly? I would just use a color wheel:
ESE's Corsairs and Craftworlders (Iybraesil?) Warm-cool-color-wheel
Best way to find colors that work together IMHO.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mngwa Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:56 am

Cavash wrote:First of all, I have been a fan of your project log over on TDC for a long time, so I am extremely glad to see you posting your Eldar stuff over here.
+1 to that.

Also, I wanted to say that Autarch/Corsair prince has exactly the same head as my Archon has Very Happy
Mngwa
Mngwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:40 am

Thanks, ESE. It's not solely about the colours though, I'm also looking for a theme to base some conversions on to go with the colours. I might post some ideas soonish.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cavalier Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Look at ESE going Craftworld! ;p Great to see you putting together a craftworld force, I love your paint scheme, and as always the models look fantastic. The Spiritseer is a real show stopper, can't wait to see what you cook up next.
Cavalier
Cavalier

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:28 am

Great to see you here Cav! I have a Wraithlord that I will be working on next week after I complete a small unit of Incubi (painting them for a Kabalite Webway formation) for my monthly vow at TDC.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 am

Wow, if I look that color wheel it makes my own color scheme look really wrong Very Happy But then I don't give damn about what some wheel says aslong it looks good. Anyway ESE, awesome job so far, once again. Keep it up and keep us all awed and inspired Very Happy
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down