Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tie'Nu'Var Projects

4 posters

Go down

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects Empty Tie'Nu'Var Projects

Post by thejamppa Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:52 am

While big part (90% of my 3000P eldars are almost fully painted ) I still plan to improve their paint schemes, add models and so forth. But here's first project for me sharing with you guys, also happends to be my very first project with green stuff involved. My Farseer on Jetbike with singing spear, mantle of laughing God and Phoenix Gem. Here's what I've managed to kitbash, modify so far: 4 major components ready for base coloring and priming:

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4171_zps6bd9af44

For those in intrest: Torse and lower body are mounted High Elf Mage (got model of dirt cheap in eBay and cleansed old paint off before modding ) Helmet is Dire Avenger exarch helmet, slightly modified. Shuriken pistol is made from Dire Avenger shuriken pistol attached Dark Eldar spinter pistol wrist and Singing spear is Dire Sword cut down, pinned and glued on high elf mage staff. Jetbike, well its standard eldar jetbike with handles cut off for modding so I can scale down handles so I can make farseer better fit. And instead giving Phoenix Gem to farseer, I just made huge Gem attached on hood of his Jetbike. Lazy me Very Happy
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects Empty Re: Tie'Nu'Var Projects

Post by Maugan Ra Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Looks like a primising start, Jamppa!

I like the idea of the Phoenix Gem on the bike itself. The Farseer gets shot i the face and then, when the Imperial Guard are filled with elation, the bike goes *BOOM* and he gets back up!

I can't wait to see more! Very Happy
Maugan Ra
Maugan Ra
Phoenix Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:23 am

Some updates, even Farseer needs a tad cleansing and highlights on helmet and bike he already participated the game. Phoenix gem was great success against Orc mob in relic game Very Happy I kinda got overboard with freehand runes though.

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4178_zps92cd859a

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4177_zps5fec9f4e

I also started Dire Avenger project. I got last 10 man box of Dire Avengers from FLGS. I had extra pair of Avenger legs so I made two exarch's aswell. Various states here:

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4179_zps21237e34

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4180_zps9c8c62c1
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:45 am

Looking good!
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Yep, you're off to a good start. I really dig the orange, my CWE will feature reds and oranges as well, so somewhat cool to see the colours on a model already. Very inspirational.

2 Little suggestions to improve your painting:
1. Be a little more careful with mold lines. Some are still visible on your DA for example and they slightly reduce the effect of an otherwise good paintjob.
2. Try to thin your paints more, it will go on smoother which not only makes the model look cleaner in the end, but also makes it easier to achieve color transitions through layering without the need to go to more advanced things as wet blendig (I've found that requires some practice and something to prolong the drying time of your paint.). With thin colours though a single layer does not cover entirely in most cases, that way color transitions become easier. I understand though that with the current temperatures well above 30°C it is harder to keep your paints thin Wink I've had some issues myself while painting my archons.

I hope that helps a bit. Keep up the good work!
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:04 am

Dogmar wrote: I understand though that with the current temperatures well above 30°C it is harder to keep your paints thin ;)I've had some issues myself while painting my archons.

You guys need one of these:
Tie'Nu'Var  Projects 2012-01-07_11-20-52_639

I made my wet palette from cheap items from the grocery store. (food storage container, sponge, parchment paper) I didn't want to spend too much on buying one from the art store (the local store wanted $50USD for one that was less than inspiring). Using a we palette will change how you paint forever.
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 am

Well, ESE, that's what I use. Just one thing is off: my sponge is blue Very Happy The wet palette is what makes painting in such heat possible, still it dries of very quickly where I'm normally able to work with the paint for hours.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Space Elves Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:34 am

Oh you're using a blue sponge. See, the orange sponge lasts for hours. (That, and it rarely cracks 25-8C here during the summer Razz  )
Evil Space Elves
Evil Space Elves
Good Little Space Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:06 pm

I might need a new sponge then Very Happy - an orange one, or are there colors that work better? With the temperatures it's mostly like where you live, rarely above 25-28, but for the last couple of days we've had around 32-37 degrees. And I'm a person who really doesn't like these temperatures.

To not carry this further off topic: In your fluff thread about the craftworld you said something about a tiger pattern, is this to be added to your non autarch / seer jetbikes? Can we expect something special for your other aspects?
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:09 am

I just got tamiya x-20a acrylic paint thinner. It works like charm on GW paint range. New yellows were wonderful but too, way too thick leaving alwful brush marks (unlike vallejo or P3 which are more liquid) after thinning down paints they don't dry that fast and spreads smoother but you need several thin layers. I will need to use that on GW's blue paints. this should help alot with painting.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:33 am

I thinned now all my blue paints and yellow paints considerably. I also added Caledor sky extreme highlight and here are results:

Tie'Nu'Var  Projects DSCF4183_zpsc191ec83

I have to say, with considerably thinned paints, painting more accurate, thinner and straighter lines are much easier. Looks like I'll be using A LOT acrylic paint thinner. Luckily my Tamiya X-20A thinner bnottle is 250 ml so it will last for while.

Dogmar:
I will carry Tigris some units to have bit diversity. Its more like those with Tigris pattern stripes (Homage to 2nd edition) will not carry as much special detachment. I will see how I will go for it. I might go alternative color tigris patterns for some units. I am not sure yet quite how I will change or adapt it without disturbing color scheme too much. I do consider getting some storm guardians or Corsairs which would use tiger stripes in their helmet: Green helmets with Yellow stripes I am considering atm. So tiger stripe would be for units specializing more of the commando sort strikes or fast hit & run.

For aspects I am considering mainly going for their aspect colors (warp spiders are more orange than dark red though) but I have basic painted my Swooping hawks without high lights so far as they were in 4th edition codex. I might add light grey or white stripes on their hawk turquoise armor and grey / dark grey stripes on helmets.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:38 pm

The paint thinner really works wonders for you. Those DAs look fantastic.

As for the tigris pattern, you have a point when you say it might disturb your colour scheme. Your solution to use it as sort of squad marking for commando /fast units sounds good though. Let's see how it looks when it's done Smile
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum