Eldar Resplendent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Go down

Avatar base size Empty Avatar base size

Post by Dogmar Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:38 am

Hey there,

the title pretty much says it all. I bought an old metal avatar second hand. Only partly assembled and otherwise untouched. It came with a 40mm base and while the model is not that large and it easily fits on that base, I'm thinking that a T6 W5 monstrous creature should be on a bigger base of maybe 60mm (walker size). I know that the FW resin avatar is supplied with a bigger base. Of course nothing holds me back from just sticking my avatar on a different base, but which size is game legal?
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Avatar base size Empty Re: Avatar base size

Post by thejamppa Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:28 am

Basically in GW touneys rules has been: Use the base that models game with. However I've convierted some my metal terminators which used 25mm into 40mm base to make fit other terminators. Usually rules is used prevent gaming advantage you might gain by using smaller base like getting cover and hiding models.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogmar Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:59 am

The 40mm base he came with is pretty small, barely fits his feet. I might buy him a 50mm base and put some nice scenery on it. Shouldn't be too much of an issue as he's actually easier to target that way. 60mm though is way too big, tried that with my wraithlords base. Looks just as stupid as the 40mm. No, maybe even more stupid, he's lost in space on such a huge base.
Dogmar
Dogmar
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by thejamppa Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:51 am

I know what you mean since I got metal avatar too. However rules do not really apply when you're swapping for bigger base. Since Forges Avatar is supplied with 60 mm base, I see its completely reasonable to swap it on bigger base after all you don't gain anything like easier to hide or grouping, just the opposite.
thejamppa
thejamppa
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum